F4 Rookie School Program Itinerary and Goals
1. • To present skills and information required to race wheel-to- wheel safely, then to practice in a controlled environment. • To present skills and information to take you to the next level: • Improving your car control to go faster • Driving closer to the limit • Using data and video to go faster • Learning the 3D line to improve your line • Improving your racecraft with better passing and defending • To help mentally prepare you to go faster on any track. • To evaluate, assess and improve your performance. • To help you have fun and be safe! F4 Rookie School Goals
4. • Flag Recognition & Response: Flag violations are tracked. Acknowledge flags? • Courtesy: Negotiating slower/accommodating faster traffic, no blocking! 360 degree awareness? • Judgement: Assess risk passing/when going quicker, managing multiple tasks in traffic well? • Driving Technique: Knowledge of line, shifting, braking, correct and consistent car placement? • Attitude: React positively under stress, open to suggestions for improvement. Mentally prepared? • Reactions: Assessing and executing proper response to adverse situations on-track. Maintaining control of emotions to do the proper thing while in mixed class competition? • Comparative Lap Times: Consistent, reasonable lap times for safe racing with other, similar cars WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR...
3. Time Where Activity 7:30 –8:00 Classroom Light Breakfast and Review of Schedule for the Day 8:00 -8:30 Classroom Track orientation/ SUV Tour 8:30 -9:00 On Track Lead/follow driving session w/cones 9:00 -9:30 On Track Open track driving session w/cones 9:30-10:15 Classroom Break and remove cones 10:15 -11:00 On Track Open track driving session w/o cones with flags 11:00 -11:30 On Track Open half track left & right driving session w/o cones with flags 11:30-12:30 Classroom Lunch and Fueling 12:30 –1:00 Classroom Racecraft Presentation 1:00 -1:30 On Track Side-by-side driving session with switching flags 1:30 -2:00 Classroom Debrief 2:00 -2:30 On Track Racecraft (leap frog) driving session with flags 2:30-3:15 Classroom Race day preparation and procedures and fueling 3:15 -3:45 On Track Five practice race starts 3:45 -4:00 Pits Debrief on starts 4:00 -4:20 On Track Graduation race #1 4:20 -4:40 On Track Graduation race #2 4:40 -5:00 On Track Graduation race #3 5:00 –5:30 Classroom Review and Farewell Day 2 – Racing School Track Day (4+ Hours Driving)
2. Time Where Activity 7:00 –8:00 Classroom Light Breakfast 7:30 -8:00 Classroom Registration, waivers 8:00 -8:45 Classroom Opening, intros, outline, goals 8:45 -9:30 Classroom Racing at the Limit: Performance model for Success 9:30 -9:45 Garage Car fitting and Break 9:45 -11:15 Classroom Controls, Weight transfer, braking, acceleration, line, cornering 11:15-12:45 Skid Pad Car control on skid pad 12:45 -1:15 Lounge Lunch 1:15 -2:00 Classroom Flags Review and Test 2:00 -3:30 Classroom Driving on the Limit, Using Data, Setting up a Pass, Race Day Procedures, Racecraft and Driving Etiquette 3:30 –5:00 Skid Pad Autocross 5:00 -5:30 Classroom Learning new track and video track walk 5:30 -6:30 Track Walk Physical Walk of Course 7:00 –8:30 Tavern Dinner DAY 1 – Racing School Instruction/Skidpad Car Control
- 46 Total Views
- 25 Website Views
- 21 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 1 kaizenautosport.odoo.com
Kaizen Autosport Annual Technical Inspection Form3798 Views .
Nov 11th Schedule1949 Views .
August 16th Schedule Full Course Track Day1838 Views .
Individual Experience1687 Views .
Company Overview1515 Views .
Group Itinerary1457 Views .
Arrive and Drive1334 Views .
Racecar Rental 20191296 Views .
Gold Experience1274 Views .
Corporate or Group1233 Views .
2 day Racing School1103 Views .
SVRA Licensing School1097 Views .